Sunday, June 25, 2006

Some robots


In the top 3 on the left I had been encouraged to add more character and tried to give the robots more expression, I quickly gave that up though :P Clearly however, as an animator, one typically desires to express emotion with whatever one animates and a less sterile and inhuman design would be in order.


The blue one is the only one in this update in my own ink. A ball point pen so crude this one was the only one worth showing :P My friend Ed has the most amazing pens, the ink of which I almost drink. Heh I used one of his fine pens for most of these.


Oddly, this is the first page I drew and it's last. The robot in marker was something Bobby Chiu drew for me extrapolating from the 3 designs I had at the top of the page (the only ones at the time)

No comments: