Sunday, June 18, 2006

Daily Sketchgroup at Conceptart.org 1085


Today I did a daily sketch group exercise. The idea is to do something to a sentence long concept, in this case "Jet packers fly amidst mist shrouded art-deco building tops" in about an hour.
Here is what I came up with, it isn't portfolio worthy but I'm very happy to do some practice with a time limit like this. I only put in one rocket packer but no one cares I'm pretty sure.

Where are those robots I promised? They're around and I'll get them up "soon". I never expected to be so interested in drawing robots but I really like it. Its funny how these things can come out of the blue. I mean, I really didn't see it coming.

3 comments:

lik said...

hey, i like the line work and of course u can spend more time on rendering it ^-^ and btw, are u doing that daily sketch group exercise with people from a forum or what? i'd like to sparpen my skills too, i've been wasting me time lately. =P

Sevenstrokes said...

Yep, I'm doing it at the daily sketch groupd part of the conceptart.org forums here: http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39
There are a few rules: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13834
but you don't have to sign up or anything. You can just do the ones that interest you if you wish :) You'll have to sign up at the forums of course.

Frankie Stellato said...

gotta say pete i love this piece!