Saturday, December 31, 2011

25 of 25


This is the 25th of the 25 portraits I've painted since I set the goal to finish for the end of December back at the end of November. I would normally put some more time into this one but I'm rather tired. I'm really happy to have completed this project though as I was not entirely sure I'd be able to complete it to my satisfaction but I think I've pulled it off! I may touch some of these up in the future but they are presentable now I think.

Unlike the previous 24 photographs, I actually know who this model is. It is Petra Cross of gmail.

With this project I also smashed the record of the number of posts I had made last year, which was 34 in 2010 and here with this I've hit 41 in 2011. In September or November I had realized that I was far behind my previous output and that had really bothered me. I'd like to take on other mini personal goals like this. I have some commission work to finish off and I need to arrange some personal courses but I'll get back to it I have little doubt. Its been very constructive to force myself to do this many especially since some I didn't really care for but I have learned a few things from the process!

2 comments:

Petra Cross said...

Hi Pieter. This is your subject. :) Thanks for making a drawing of me. You are very talented. Petra

Sevenstrokes said...

Hey Petra,
Thank you and I'm so glad you like the image! :) Its amazing you found it!
-Pieter